Sweet and Spicy Chicken on a bed of cauliflower rice.
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
For the sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 Cup Pineapple juice
- 1 –2 Tbsp Franks red hot sauce or Sriracha sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Chili Garlic sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with cold water (to thicken sauce)
For the chicken
- 1 Lb Chicken breast, cubed
- 2Tbsp Avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Pineapple tidbits, drained
- Cooked white rice, or cauliflower rice, for serving
- Sliced green onion,for garnish
- In a medium frying pan heat the avocado oil (for the sauce) on medium heat. Add in the ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Turn up the heat to medium high and add in the pineapple juice, hot sauces and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and starts to reduce, about 2-3 minutes. Turn down the heat to medium/low add corn starch mixture, and cook an additional 1 minute, until the sauce begins to become shiny. Transfer to a medium bowl and cover to thicken and keep warm while you make the chicken. *
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the avocado oil or olive oil on medium high heat in a large frying pan. Add chicken until cooked through (salt and pepper to taste)
- Add the cooked chicken into the sauce, along with the pineapple tidbits and toss to evenly coat.
- Serve over cauliflower rice (or rice,) and garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.